Re: So I'm watching this town hall...
I want to address a few things.
First, the quote that appears to be from me about three posts above has got my name attached but is from that poster not me. I'm sure it was just an accident that it turned out looking like I posted it when I didn't.
Next, I doubt that racism plays any real measurable degree in this debate. There are always a few on any side that it does influence (either way) but I think this is more about issues or at least perceived issues.
I also don't think the protesters are as unified and organized as portrayed. In fact my guess is that there are huge divides among these protesters as to what they would like to see done. They are simply unified by a dislike and a distrust of what they believe is about to be pushed through.
The current system is broken. Only a hand full of hard-cases would argue against that. So the way to approach this is not to try to demonized the protesters but to simply keep working from the strength of the facts and to put opponents on the spot whenever possible by doing just what Biggin did, ask what their alternative idea is.
Once again, I've been accused of being a closet right winger by at least two posters here, but my view is that we need to totally scrap the current system and go to a single payer system, that is the least "right wing" idea I've seen here. My politics are not decided by right and left, but by right and wrong "as I see it".
Re: So I'm watching this town hall...
Quote:
First, the quote that appears to be from me about three posts above has got my name attached but is from that poster not me. I'm sure it was just an accident that it turned out looking like I posted it when I didn't.
That was me responding to you by name, your name two dashes and then my response.
As far as what I think should be done. That is a very good question, I am not gonna just spout off something but will give it some thought tonight and get back to you tommorow.
Re: So I'm watching this town hall...
He was a supporter of single-payer, then realized it'd be impossible to pass...look at the bs coming out against this plan. This plan would help put an end to the denial of ones with "pre-existing conditions" and introduce very much needed competition into the current system...it's just the gov part that people flip about, which they'll be taking full advantage of in their later years. There's no hope for bipartisanship, not with what the ****head republican who was mentioned by Obama in the NH town-hall when he praised him, the guy goes Sarah Palin the next day.
Just finally seen the vid at a town-hall(McCaskill) where a woman apparently had a Rosa Parks poster and some douche came up and took it away from her for no reason...I'm sure he wouldn't do that with the nazi and hitler signs the idiots hold up outside...
YouTube - HatingnotDebating
I've also seen a lot of children at these, along with the TEA parties, making their child hold up a sign they probably don't even know how to read. Indoctrination at its finest.
Re: So I'm watching this town hall...
Quote:
Originally Posted by
R13
I've also seen a lot of children at these, along with the TEA parties, making their child hold up a sign they probably don't even know how to read. Indoctrination at its finest.
Michelle Malkin Little girl at Obama town hall has not-so-random political connections
Pot, meet kettle...:rolleyes:
Re: So I'm watching this town hall...
And then there's this...
Obama camp plants fake doc, Che fan at Jackson Lee forum : Lone Star Times
:eek:
I guess it's all a vast right-wing conspiracy against the honest administration.
Re: So I'm watching this town hall...
Yeah, I know "he" was for a single payer, but then "he" flip-flopped like he has on several other issues.
Re: So I'm watching this town hall...
Too bad she wasn't planted by anyone, she just was full of it. She was a volunteer during the campaign, I was too, if I had said that would it mean I was planted there? - this is all assuming it's true, I haven't seen it covered anywhere's...just forums and blogs, haven't even seen it on Fox yet.
Jesus H Christ, where's the other ones he asked? Where's their story?
"Just a mom from around the corner" wasn't planted by McCain himself, but was vice chair of the GOP in her county.
And then there's this....
Maddow Exposes "Fake" Protesters At Health Care Town Halls Video
Even covers your Michelle Malkin(conservative blogger) site.
Re: So I'm watching this town hall...
The mother does to be a tad more than a campaign volunteer like yourself. She's a lawyer who donated a few thousands, and was quoted in the Boston Globe as having met the first family and VP Biden. Not everyone gets to press flesh with even the little Obamas.
Re: So I'm watching this town hall...
Quote:
Originally Posted by
1inStripes
The mother does to be a tad more than a campaign volunteer like yourself. She's a lawyer who donated a few thousands, and was quoted in the Boston Globe as having met the first family and VP Biden. Not everyone gets to press flesh with even the little Obamas.
I was talking about the fake doc one, in the first link he posted.
I didn't clarify in them and jumped right to the next one.
Re: So I'm watching this town hall...